The 10 Commandments of Bass
- Thou shalt not fuck up the groove. Fuck up the notes if thou must, but not the groove.
- Thou shalt not lust after thy guitar player's part. He keepeth the fun; thou keepeth the groove.
- Be thou not swayed by a drummer with crappy time, for thou art the keeper of the beat.
- Be thou not led into temptation before the gig. After is cool.
- Thou pusheth thy luck with five strings; six is a mortal sin, for thou hast no business in the upper register.
- Thou shalt not thump with thy thumb, nor honk with a pick when thy fingers are the way of truth.
- Thou shalt not fear whole notes, for they can be the way and the light.
- Thou shalt leave the fancy shit to thy bandmates, so they might wrestle with their own bad taste.
- Thou shalt change thy strings at least once per decade, whether they need it or not.
- Thou shalt tune thy bass before each and every gig, even though it was in tune when thou put it away.